THE STRAT Trading method
The Strat, short for ‘The Strategy,’ is a comprehensive framework for analyzing price charts of financial instruments developed by Rob F. Smith. This approach to financial market analysis and trading has gained worldwide popularity and is widely adopted by traders.
The Strat’s success is rooted in its three fundamental ideas about price action: Time frame continuity, Broadening formations, and Candlestick scenarios with actionable signals. These concepts provide a logical approach to understanding market movements and making informed trading decisions.
HAMMER TheStrat tools
Alaric leverages the Strat’s three concepts to enhance the functionality of its HAMMER trading platform through chart indicators and market scanners.
The platform differentiates between historical and real-time market data and offers both Historical and Intraday options for all its scanners.
Built-in TheStrat scanners
- FTC Historical is a scanner that searches for Full time frame continuity on all the historical time frames supported by Hammer – daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly.
- Next is the FTC Intraday scanner. The logic is the same as the FTC Historical and you should be able to navigate it with ease.
- The Strat Patterns scanner – We can’t talk about The Strat without mentioning the Scenarios (One, Two, Three) and a few of the notable combinations they have. And of course, we have a scanner that tracks them – The Strat Patterns scanner.
- The Strat Patterns multi-column– If you like The Strat Patterns scanner, but you still need more in terms of functionality, we have a version of it that makes it even more useful. That is the The Strat Patterns multi-column scan.
- The Strat Patterns multi-column w/FTC– And if all of the above is not enough, we also have The Strat Patterns multi-column w/FTC scanners for both the Historical and Intraday time frames.
- The Strat Patterns multi-column w/Hist– The exact same logic is applied to the TheStrat Patterns multi-column w/Hist.
A Practical Guide to The Strat Fundamentals & The Strat HAMMER platform tools
The Strat is in its essence based on the rules of formal logic. While adhering to them, it aims to explain and give structure to concepts about trading that have been overlooked by the industry even though being in plain sight. Alaric Securities, recognizing the enormous value that The Strat possesses, has incorporated in the HAMMER trading platform several tools based on its logic and rules in order to be of service to anyone that is a fan of this method - beginners and veterans, analysts and traders.
Check out our FAQ for more TheStrat Scanners tutorials and trading examples